Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm back :)

Hey, everyone! As some of you might know, this isn't my first rodeo in the blogging world, but sometimes life takes over and things get put on the back burner. But I'm back! At first I didn't really know what I would write about, but I found a blog challenge that I decided to use to kick start this thing back up. The first post is just a little autobiography, so bear with me. I don't like reading paragraph after paragraph of someone's "about me" section, so I did a bulleted list instead. I'm also posting a few pictures of another challenge my kids and I have started. So here we go... :)

  • My name is Emily and I'm 24 years old.
  • I've been married to my husband, Christopher, for a little over 4 years.
  • We have a (soon to be) 4-year-old daughter, Katelyn, and a 2-year-old son, Jameson.
  • We also have an Australian cattle/Jack Russell terrier mix, Peanut.
  • I am a stay-at-home mom and full-time student majoring in legal office administration.
  • A few months ago I became a vegetarian and hope to one day make the jump to a vegan diet.
  • I'm really passionate (or maybe it's opinionated?) about several topics.
  • Two of those topics are politics and science.
  • I'm addicted to nail polish and love learning new nail art (I'm sure there will be a few pictures of this randomly posted throughout the blog).
  • I love coffee. A little too much maybe.
  • I have 2 older brothers, Ryan and Kevin.
There is really a lot more I could write, but I feel like most of it will come up in my blog, so I'll hold off on the rest.


Now that we got that over with, my kids and I have been doing a weekly schedule to keep them busy through the summer and to give them something to look forward to. We just started Wednesday, but I didn't take pictures of all of them. I'll have to make a point to do that from here on out. :)

Wednesday was What's Cooking Wednesday and we made brownies.

Thursday was Thoughtful Thursday and Katelyn wrote letters and drew pictures for 2 people that she chose.


Friday was Somewhere Fun Friday. We went to the park and had a picnic.

Today was Make Something Monday. I already had the canvases painted, but I had never done anything with them, so we finished them up. Katelyn did the caterpillar handprints and butterfly footprint and Jameson did the bee footprints. He cried the whole time and thought the paint on his foot was "yuck."

Coming up: Tomorrow is Time to Read Tuesday and for the blog, I'll be doing family introductions. :)


Quote of the day: "Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good." - Minor Myers, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what those were all about. What a great thing to start for the kids!

    ReplyDelete